Sunday, April 20, 2008

PLN 12 S2

Today I read an article about Making kids Googable. This post talks about how a man named Will went and asked several administrators and principles if when they were looking to hire someone, they googled them. Many of the people he asked said that they did. They did this to learn more about the people they are about to hire. This helps them find out anything negative, or positive things that can help them make their decision. Then the discussion goes further when Will asks the administrators about how their students will be googled in the future. This relates to me and society because a lot of us have things about us on the Internet. Whether its for assignments, sports or simply facebook or myspace, most of us can be googled. Thinking about this makes me wonder if i would be googled in the future. I decided to Google myself and i found that i had three assignments from English posted under my name. This was interesting because anyone can view those assignments and learn more about me. This is a new way to learn more about people and can help in various ways. I think this way of googling people can be very helpful in making decisions about applicants.

No comments: