Wednesday, April 9, 2008

PLN 9 S2

Today I read an article called Quiet Student. This article talks about how a teacher named Kristen L had a seminar for her students but struggled with getting them to participate. Kristen wondered if it is more important to encourage her students to participate or giving them the grade they earned. This relates to me because in my history class we so seminars for each new unit of study. At the beginning of the year when we started them there was little conversation and many kids were afraid to speak up. As we progressed to now everyone speaks out and it leads to a detailed be informational discussion. I think that if kristen continues to have seminars then I think the kids will learn and want to participate more. I think right now she should encourage the students to participate and worry about their grades later.

No comments: